The discovery process begins with an in-depth meeting with our creative consultants which includes our three main departments our sales department, content department, developers and the client. During this process, we aim to identify and define the business objectives, assess the overall strategy, project scope, feasibility and discuss the budgetary elements required to fulfill these objectives.
The Discovery meeting would allow the developer and client to interact and discuss the process of creating the clients expectations. The meeting should mainly focus on the clients dreams and what they would like their website to be made of. This will allow our clients to express the art of their imagination while our developers make this imagination come to life.
Below are some questions that your company can use to assess overall vision for the website project:
- What type of writing style will be used?
- Who are your current average customers (not necessarily the same as your target market)?
- How many customers do you currently have?
- What do you mostly hope to achieve with your web site?
- What type of website are you looking for?
- Do you currently have a web page posted?
- Type of services or products your company provides in as much detail as possible?
- Who are your major direct competitors?
- How does your company differentiate itself from its competitors, what makes yours more unique?
- What is the budget for your website development?
- What are the objectives of the new website(e.g. to be informative; to sell products online)?
- What are your requirements for the website?
- What is the color theme?
- What is the mood you want to convey e.g. Corporate, High Tech., Friendly Service, etc?
- Who are your target audience?
Below are some discovery questions which would be asked to help with the process of clearly understanding what our clients needs.
- What type of Website are you looking for?
- What is your desired Timeline for your Website?
- Do you have a Budget?
- Do you require any of these services? – Content research; Content creation; Content editing; Graphic design; Hosting; Email accounts; Domain registration; Website maintenance contract?
- What type of content do you want for your site? – Graphics – Photos – Videos – Text – Animation – Dynamic?
The process of discerning needs is never an easy task and often with new clients trust and intimacy should be established first. With old clients, friends, partners this is always a sulubrious journey to a new place. Excitment and anticipation is the temperature of this meeting.
It is a comfortable place where needs are pre-emted and hurdles expected and prepared for with a complex set of expertise born of scholarship and experience.
Here in technology where there are many solutions only a few are exact. Only a few bring an advantage, a competitive advantage to our partners. It is our duty and obligation to find these for every client.